Elegant Rose

Tuesday 13 March 2012

A Trip to Brum

Been a busy bee this weekend just gone!  I've had a trip to visit my first born who lives and works in Birmingham. Dean graduated there last year and now works part time on the campus at the university. I haven't seen him since Christmas, so lots of catching up to do...
An early start was called for as we live in a sleepy town near the gateway to the lake district, about a 4 hour journey was ahead of us.
Dean runs and trains with UK Athletics in Birmingham and we are a-hoping and a-praying he will be selected to run in the Para Olympics in August-September. (We have tickets already!) Yep, I am a very proud Mum! Our trip was to catch up with him and his training but I managed to do some of this...

and even a little of this...

Some good retail therapy!
Great weather was enjoyed and Spring had certainly sprung in the Midlands too. We are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that we will get to go to the capital to cheer Dean on later this year. Enough trumpet blowing! I hope your weekend was kind to you x

3 comments:

  1. Hello ! Oh sounds like a nice time...and I will also keep my fingers crossed for Dean ! It is so nice to have spring here....I love all the blossom that is just coming out...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gail!!Training going well and Dean keeping injury free (sooo important)He now has two jobs to fund being there....This is Deans dream and we have all got to have one.....xxx See you soonxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the action shot of your son running! Fingers crossed for him. x

    ReplyDelete