Elegant Rose

Tuesday 24 February 2015

What Is this Life....





" What is this life, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep and cows
No time to see when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their
nuts in grass.

No time to turn at beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they dance.
No time to wait till her mouth
can enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare ".....

William Henry Davies.





Dearest Readers.
This very week my little blog celebrates
 her three years of musings..
The poem above is very fitting as this is one of the 
poems my Mama used to recite to us often,
~ when we were quite small, and even more as we grew up !
She forgot many things, you see.
But never her love for animals, trees, flowers and the seasons..
But most of all us.
 I am a ~  thinking  you already know I nursed my Mum
through a long and very sad journey
with Alzheimers Disease .
The' past' being most apparent in my little corner...
 The memories here would only include
 the happy days though  ......
The' Rosey Tinted' happy times..
I made a little promise you see!
I would never leave my little place called home 
without wearing my' Rosey tinted spectacles'...
It's the only way to view the world, when days are mighty tough, you see.






Along with my little blog anniversary .
Mr RTS has celebrated his birthday too, this very week !
Ooh my lots of cakes and many candles have been blown out ..
~ along with making a few wishes,,,




I would like to say, that I baked those delightful
banana and walnut muffins, above .
But alas it would be a 'little white lie '.
hehe!
No, Mr RTS's made these little beauties him self !!
Very yummy they were as well.


We visited Miss Olivia, this last weekend too..
Leeds is a very vibrant, quirky city.
We had a wonderful time catching up with her and viewing 
her world and life here at the university !

Yey, life is for ever changing.....
Time returns to you, once they fly the nest.
But the best part is finding your selves once again..
And that includes adult life too !
I must also add here, that it was my beautiful girl that helped me 
patiently set up my blog..
she kindly showed me the' ins and outs' of being on here.
And that wasn't the easiest of tasks.
She also spell checked me so often , that I came to rely
on this and we both very often laughed at just how I speak and write 
in my Mama's tongue.
Ooh yes I'm an old soul.
Words and there meanings open up a magical world on here
for me....
I came to look forward each day to reading and seeing every ones days
in pretty pictures..
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind
 that I have enjoyed  the best~ est company,
   in these past three years.
Thank you !








We are almost through February!
~ Not quite sure how that happened..
Time flies I guess when you are busy ..
My today is for just being..
Be kind to your selves, too .
Be still, and call forth the dreams you may have buried
long ago..
All we have is now with no guarantees 
Thank you for kindest words always..
I'm off to pop on the kettle and catch up with you all.
Bliss.
Hugs Maria x


14 comments:

  1. "Some days are dry, some days are leaky.
    Some days come clean, other days are sneaky.
    Some days take less, but most days take more.
    Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor".


    HeHe! I~Do~Love~This~Blog....It's always a lovely
    read for us 'emotional' Sicilians...! :).
    The poem made me chuckle...Reminded me of an
    old episode of 'Steptoe and Son'...When Harold joined
    an amateur dramatic society...He recited some of it at
    the beginning...!
    Visiting Olivia...And hubby's birthday...What great fun...
    I always look forward to birthday's, especially mine, and
    Christmas of course...Two events, that generally go on
    for a few days! :).
    And our Mama's of course...Yes! Where would we be with
    out them...God bless mine, taught me ALL l know to~day.
    Sicilian boys are raised just like the girls...Which came in
    handy, when l became a single parent....Loved it!

    Well Maria...Could go on for ever....(Willie, you usually do).
    But! Putting the kettle sounds a great idea....And, l have a
    hot~cross~bun to finish! Hehe! I still eat the cross first!
    Bless! Ciao! Ciao! or if anyone is posh....Arrivederci......!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie !
      You my friend have become the most special part of blogging !!
      I wish you could see how much I giggle at some of your 'old , wise ' sayings !!
      Ooh hot crossed buns , wish I had one now..Enjoy !!!!
      And I'm adding a great big toast of tea mind you, to our Mama's and our friendships on here !! CHEERS, Willie !

      Delete
  2. Happy blog anniversary, best wishes to your husband and I'm so glad to see mama and daughter happy together . .
    A warm hug Maria
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blog anniversary and what a lovely post....I'm just catching up on blogland with a pot of tea and toasted hot cross buns too !
    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Maria a very touching post. I always feel uplifted after reading your kindly thoughts.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, lots to celebrate and remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bloggiversary Maria! If it's yours it must be mine too very soon ... That three years has flown by! Looking forward to catching up next week, must get the best china out xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy three year blogiversary - always love your posts and music - have a happy springtime-nearly there. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post .... happy Blog Anniversary Maria! Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blog anniversary Maria and congratulations to your husband! Lovely photo of you and your daughter!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wise you are, Maria - I'm never without my Rosey Tinted Spectacles, either. And how lovely to catch up with your beautiful daughter. I wish I had a daughter - but I'm lucky that one of my four sons loves to talk, as I do like a good gossip. He just rang to tell me about his exciting day and made me smile so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary Maria! I love visiting here and on instagram, your lovely images always cheer me. No reason to ever remove those Rosey Tinted Spectacles my dear, the view is so nice. Warm hugs to you and yours! ~ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dear Maria, I lost touch with your blog for a while there – how sad, but big smiles this morning as I’ve found you again. I have seen you on Facebook from time to time but didn’t think to visit your blog – how silly!
    I was so sorry to read about your mum. I understand a little of what it was like for you because my dear old dad also suffered from Alzheimer’s. Sad days for my sister, brother and I but there were bright times too.
    Congratulations on your third blog anniversary may there be many more. Hugs Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, lovely Maria. I missed this beautiful post somehow, and even though it's been a couple of months since you wrote it, I simply couldn't pass by without leaving a comment.

    My heart aches after reading about your mother. I was aware that you'd lost her, and I know how cruel Alzheimer's is. It's good to hold on to all the wonderful memories you shared. ♥

    Your beautiful Olivia definitely takes after her mama in looks and beautiful personality.

    I hope you haven't disappeared from blogland forever.

    Sending warmest (((hugs))) from Wales. x

    ReplyDelete